FOCUS ON LONG TERM SUSTAINABLE PRACTICES.
- Temperature controlled (21C-24C) glasshouses with automatic vents and sliding shade cloths control heat and light ensuring plants receive the correct amount for optimal growing.
- We have a closed irrigation system, the plant uses 70% of the water and 30% is collected, sterilised and reused. All water is harvested off glasshouse roofs and stored for use.
- Our tomatoes use 12 litres of water per kilogram compared to field tomatoes which use 60 litres per kilogram.
- Tomato plants are grown to a maximum height of 12-15 metres to maximise space.
- Our plants yield 70-75 kg over 10 months before they are replaced, 10 times the crop grown in an open field.
- Temperatures are managed by a biomass boiler system that run on waste hardwood logs (industry seconds) that are chipped and ready for use.
- Our location, controlled environment and IPM program ensure pests and disease are kept to a minimum.
FRESHLY GROWN HYDROPONIC GARDEN VEGETABLES.
Murphy Fresh and Tatura Fresh comply with the Safe Quality Food (SQF) program recognised by retailers and foodservice providers across Australia.
Data – monitoring and recording:
Adjacent land use
Water sourcing and usage
Pest control and pesticide monitoring
Climate control operations
Programs and code compliance:
Freshcare food safety and quality code of practice
HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) & GMP certification criteria
Harmonised Australian Retailer Produce Scheme (HARPS)
Woolworths Quality Assurance (WQA)
Woolworths Supplier Excellence Program
Coles Supermarkets Supplier Approval Program